http://bestflights.co.za/europe/italy/milan – Visit for extra data on Milan, Italy.
Milan, the second largest metropolis in Italy, is a thriving cosmopolitan enterprise capital and the middle of cultural and vacationer actions. The essential industries of Milan are textiles, the manufacture of vehicles, equipment, chemical compounds and paper-making.
What to see / do:
There are an amazing number of issues to do and see in Milan, essential sights embody:
* Duomo (Cathedral) — The world’s largest Gothic cathedral
* Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II — Glass-domed arcade with coffee-shops
* Theatre Museum at La Scala — World well-known opera home
* Santa Maria delle Grazie — House of Leonardo da Vinci’s well-known portray, The Last Supper.
* Museo Poldi-Pezzoli — spectacular non-public assortment of Poldi-Pezzoli
* Museum of Historic Art of the Sforzesco Castle — Built within the fifteenth century and restored in 1943.
* Leonardo da Vinci National Science & Technology Museum — museum with a group of Leonardo’s ingenious designs from struggle machines to architectural visions.
* Milan Aquarium — 36 gigantic swimming pools crammed with greater than 100 completely different species of fish.
* Orto Botanico di Brera — A botanical backyard established in 1774
* Basilica of Sant’Ambrogio — One of the oldest church buildings in Milan, constructed by Bishop Ambrose in 379-386 AD.
Milan is heart of cultural and vacationer actions like paradise for opera, buying and nightlife and is understood for its many cultural occasions:
* Antiques Market: Selection of furnishings, clocks, porcelain, silver, jewellery, dolls, books and quite a few collector’s objects.
* Tredesin de mars: Celebration of the beginning of a ravishing season of spring.
* Festival of Sant’Ambrogio: Antique furnishings and handicrafts in addition to completely different stalls of delicacies. * Milan Fashion Weeks: Best designers showcase their Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer collections.
* Italian F1 Grand Prix: The FIA Formula One World Championship.